Subject: Using EV3 in Technology
Topic covered: Transportation
Course Learning Points:
- Understand that engineers design to satisfy a need
- Use teamwork and communication skills to solve problems and make decisions
- Build your own robot that can move forward 1 meter
- Write a program that calculates and displays the actual distance the robot moves
- Understand the opportunities for cross curricula work
Video run time: 30 minutes. Requires 90-120 minutes to complete course.
In this session, LEGO Education Master Trainer Rob Widger takes you through a workshop using EV3 to enhance a subject area in the technology curriculum.
The workshop demonstrates that engineers design to satisfy a need. Also the students have to use teamwork and communication skills to solve the workshop problems and make decisions.